Friday 5 October 2012

Preliminary Task


The aim of the preliminary task is to learn and develop already gain skills of using Photoshop and InDesign programs by starting off the preliminary exercises. Also, these types of exercises help me with understanding and using such design programs and learn things about them. Doing the preliminary task will benefit in my developing skills and fully prepare for a final outcome for the main task.

Aimed to the preliminary task I need to produce my own front cover from college magazine and initial content page. I will need to analyse the cover magazine page and content page of any magazine I would choice, this is for me to help myself how to do the cover pages and contents as they are in real, selling magazines. Moreover, I can gather the idea from created mood board for the design which I will choice for my own college magazine cover page.

Subsequently finishing analysing cover page and contents I will move to designing my own front cover and initial content page (for my college magazine task), using the gain ideas of layouts and other things. After finishing those points I will move to taking pictures for my front cover basic on face framing (CU, MCU, MS, and LS/MLS). The next step after taking pictures and prepare them Photoshop to make them look as they from a real magazines I will start to create the rest of the aspects which front cover have; such as masthead, dateline, main image, model credit, cover line, main cover lines, left third, bar code, cover lines and selling line if appropriate. The content page is my initial idea which I will evaluate later, but firstly I will make it as a draft of how I will want it to be look like and what I will want to include in it.

When I have finished I will evaluate the entire preliminary task by explaining and assessing what I will want to improve and what I want to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment