Wednesday 30 January 2013

Double Page Spread Article


New music, new her, Maya Reed, and her way to Fame


S

he is painfully predictable. When Maya Reed (20) announces new album – with her group or solo – everybody knows, what they can expect of her. Known is that she will create deep lyrics, and her reflections about life, love, relationships would be optimistic. Yet each of her new albums is a major event in the music industry. And write a songs by her, even if she moves same topics, are original, passionate and worth thoughts. 

You are appreciated artist, you have good relationship with your partner, wonderful family, and on the newest album, and you are singing that world frightened you. Where this fear is coming from?

“RATHER LOOK BACK I WANT TO LOOK FORWARD
 
-I have unpleasant thoughts about what surrounds us. I am observing sad changes in people. People carry in themselves visible fright. Anxiety, depression, addictions testify about it that many of us feel subcutaneously, that over the years they gather the acid, which now starts escape.   


And then even a small detail can lead to the explosion. Why that often we regulate excessive aggression?

-Aggression is appearing as consequence of our grief to the world, and as a form of our fears. They are fueled by the media, which nonstop send us the message ‘you need to be better, change yourselves’, what the subtext is ‘you’re hopeless’. And that people desperately wanted acceptation, they do everything, to gain this module, which is promoted. Additionally they generate large amount of income for firms, which on those desires earns.

And what women’s in specific age group are scared of?

-Passing, that youngest women’s would take them place. In the reason that, there is existing compulsion of being young in every age group, like women would be able to control the nature. This cult of youth is one big lie, which is harmful. And this is one of the evidence for indulgence of stereotypes.

You don’t show the public your personal life, what in recent days is unusual and especially in your age. However, I had seen your photo on gossip website “Reed came out from a shadow”.

-I had been on Victoria Secret fashion show. I decided to take a part in this fantastic show, as there was performing my dear fried Rihanna. However, I hadn’t thought that photographers would see me in the centre of that many more famous stars. They catch me while I had been walking out, and after that many flashings, I realise that this is not what I enjoy or adore.

What kind of features person need have, to live like this: pose, present new dresses, and continually putting selves on opinions of others?

-Evidently, for some type of people, life just then has a sense, when is in the limelight and is commented by public. That like lack of social activity, make the person disappeared. I had heard that popularity is one of the worst habits. I don’t have an opinion about those who life is all about being in the centre, I know that this kind of life is no for me and that I have grow up to the point, of my life, where I am now and where I always wanted to be. I am just hoping that the fame would not become my habit, and that I would not been forgotten.

 What do you think would your future bring you?

-I have huge appetite on life. I am young person and even after my shell will change, I know that still inside I will be young as now.

And about your music, is your age impacting it?

-This question is much more complicated, than its sounds, but I think that in some point indeed. It is not a secret that I am new in this whole world, which I have seen and watch from childhood. Even now I am still surprised about some stuff and all what is going on around me, the fame, like you have called. This in some point impact on my music, however, not as that to start worried me or changes the way in which my songs are interpreted and how I wanted them to be. When I had started mu chapter with music, scene, I had been different; more careless and childish. After realised that there are people which take an example of me and for which I am a role model, I felt a need to change, to don’t let them down. And same as I had changed, my music followed me. Although, it wasn’t radical, I do not move from mainstream to metal or rock; I just started to see things which weren’t bothered me before.

As you said that your music grown up with you, do you mean that now is a time to show the world how you change a new you?

-In some point, yes, but rather than showing how do I have change, I more likely want to show my listeners how this all experiences, survivals, which wasn’t happened without them, aid me in finding my way. And like I had said it, it doesn’t change me or make me a new person, it helps me understand and realise what I want, and who I become.

So, how do your new self, impact on your newest album?

-That’s really good question. I hadn’t seen many changes, as others; however, I know that my lyrics and music gain more passion and true, as they are coming from my own experiences. I wanted to send clear, and straightforward message to my audience and as everyone know, there is also a song dedicated to them, as I am thankful that they being for me for all this time and supported me while I was on my way to fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment